Monday, November 17, 2008

Blogging is a commitment

Blogs can be hard to do. In theory, they aren't at all because all you seemingly have to do is think of something to say, and then post it. However, sometimes you just don't have anything to say that you believe is worth other people reading. Plus, real life activities can take up all of your time, so even if you do have something to say, you may not have time to say it.

Well, I just want to apologize to all of my readers for not posting in several weeks. My problem was a combination of having nothing to say, as well as no time to post, which resulted in an empty blog. And I know it is hard to follow a blog when there aren't regular posts.

One of my all-time favorite blogs, Beauty Addict, went without any posts for several weeks. I became quite discouraged when I logged on repeatedly and found nothing new. As a result, I hadn't logged on until today, and the only reason I even did today was to find the link for the blog. I didn't even know if it had any new posts.

Here, the blog's author stated that pressures at work were causing her to slack off with posting. Pressures with work and school will always be there, and if you really love something and want it in your life, you have to work around those pressures and make time to do what you love.

That said, I also have to start making time for my own beauty blog on the Daily Illini Web site. Part of the reason I haven't been posting there is that I don't have money to spend on beauty products and makeup right now. So I guess I'll just have to think of creative ways to post about beauty without spending money. I'm sure anyone reading will appreciate that, too, especially with the state of the economy.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Blogging can seem like a commitment when you feel like you have nothing worth saying. But, considering your blog for the DI, maybe you could try doing a reader poll of all the best products. That way you could compile the information and let everyone know the cheapest and well-liked products on campus.